Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Little Flood

Yesterday I got home from work and started doing my normal routine. Terron was in working on quickbooks so I went to ask him what he wanted for dinner. We decided on soup. As soon as I opened the door to the basement I heard the one noise that makes my stomach turn. Running water in the house! I had flash backs of our previous disgusting awful flood at the rococo! I ran down the stairs to find that the water heater was spraying water. I yelled at Terron to get down stairs! He must have been able to tell that something was up because it normally takes him 5 minutes to answer me back when I yell to him. We couldn't figure out how to get it turned off so I called Jed. He was over in a minute and he and terron finally had to just turn off the water to the house to get it to stop. By that time I had wised up and got a bucket to catch the water. I still had quite a bit of mopping to do, but we got to it before it did to much damage. All I could think was how happy I was it was only water and not sewage! So this flood was nothing, I was pretty happy about it actually because we have had much worse! When things settled down I grabbed my camera and took a quick picture which terron didn't appreciate. Karisit and the boys came and brought us nummy soup, rolls, and sugar cookies for dinner. So I guess the little bit of mopping I did was worth that. So thank you Jed for always being there to help us! And Thank you Karisiti and the boys for the food. You guys are the best! Also thank you grandpa for fixing the water heater today!



2 comments:

Jared & Shannon said...

Oh poor pals you have the worst luck with flooding! At least it wasn't the nasty poop water we were slipping all over in. Ew I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. That was one of the most disgusting experiences of my life. Hey at least you got a good meal out of it!

Me and The Boys said...

Darn these old houses! I'm always willing to feed people my food! Hope it's all fixed now!